A message from Rick Wylie,
President, Advanced Comfort & Energy Systems
Division of Beutler Corporation
Hello, friends, family, and associates. I hope all is well with you, and that your 2011 is off to a positive start.
I’ve never sent out a “mass emailing” like this to my Outlook contact list before, but…I’ve never had a reason like this before. For the last 18 months or so, we’ve been working on a “Comprehensive Home Energy Makeover” Federal Department of Energy grant program that has received $16.5 million in grant and loan funds that is finally hitting the streets, and I couldn’t face any of you if I didn’t let you know about it. We call this program our "Cash for Comfort" program, because it is all about helping home owners improve their comfort while reducing their utility costs.
The attached email is a Press release that will soon be in many local newspapers and TV stations. I won’t repeat what it says, but some key points of its message are:
- This program is a funded through a $16.5 million grant from the federal government, designed to help improve the efficiency of homes throughout most of California.
- It starts with a $1250 grant towards the cost of many possible energy efficiency improvements. A typical list of improvements could include caulking and sealing, insulation, new windows, water heaters, heating and air conditioning systems, and even new roofing and full-blown solar electric and/or solar hot water systems.
- On top of this grant, most utilities throughout our region are also promoting these “Home Energy Makeovers”, with additional rebates of $1000 - $5000 per home.
- The final financing piece is a low cost, 3%/15 year loan for the remaining balance of the improvement costs, assuring you of absolutely no "out of pocket" costs for these improvements. And these loans can be for amounts of up to $50,000 and even more, as long as the estimated energy savings can make the loan payments.
There is a very good chance that you or someone you know qualifies for this program, and if you do, you won’t want to miss out. There are also some other facts you really need to know that aren’t included in this initial press release:
1. We have just received confirmation that the program is not only available for these “Member Counties”, but also non-member counties such as Sacramento, Yolo, San Joaquin, Alameda, Solano, and Stanislaus: most counties in California can actually participate.
2. For member counties, we also have received confirmation that the very first applicants per county will receive an “early adopter” reward: THEIR LOANS WILL BE ZERO PERCENT INTEREST, 15 YEAR LOANS! That reduces already very-low payments by an additional 20%. This is an unbelievable opportunity, and if you are in a member county, you won’t want to miss out.
As an example of how this program works, I’ll tell you about one of our recent customers who just received their “Home Energy Makeover” through Cash for Comfort: here is their story.
This family was plagued by high energy bills, and their 2-story home was very uncomfortable, had a tired, old, inefficient heater and air conditioner with very leaky ducts, and was poorly sealed and insulated. Our Makeover dealt with all of those deficiencies, and included a Solar PV system, with a total contract price of ~$38,000. With the help of our program, they received $10,649 in tax credits, grants, and rebates to pay for a large portion of the work, and a 3% 15 year loan from CHF that required no out-of-pocket investment on their part at all. Their utility bills were running over $300 per month, and will now average less than $100, resulting in a savings of almost 70%. And because of the no-cash-up-front power of this program, and the “customer direct” utility rebates and tax credits, they not only are receiving $9100 extra cash in their pockets now, but over the next 15 years they will pay off the entire loan with their utility savings, and will actually end up over $17,000 ahead, while improving the comfort and value of their home.
If this sounds like something that is right for you, please call us at 916-646-3232 as soon as possible to see if you qualify (it is very, very easy….), and especially to find out if you can get in on the 0% loan program for the “early adopters”. You can also send an email to Martha Ledesma (LedesmaM@MoreComfort4LessEnergy.com) in our office, or visit us at "Cashforcomfort.org". As the program writer, we are a prime program partner, and currently the only contractor approved to offer these grants and loans.
None of this will last long, and probably will never be available again.
Advanced Comfort & Energy Systems
Division of Beutler Corporation
60 years of commitment to comfort
for more information, please visit: http://www.Cash4Comfort.org